Every sports fan will know the following:
- 22 teams are in Orlando for the NBA restart.
- Teams have ‘Replacement Players’. Former NBA players are back and some of them DID NOT even belong to any team when the season began. This was allowed because teams lost key members due to injuries… or personal reasons.
- The NBA Bubble is up and running.
Anyone can do a quick calculation and see that there are at least 300 players inside the NBA Bubble. 300 players in one location can only mean one thing: Reunion Time! Let’s take a look at some players who have some catching up to do.
BROOKLYN NETS: Jamal Crawford and Tyler Johnson.
Crawford and Johnson were former teammates playing for the Phoenix Suns.
SACRAMENTO KINGS: Corey Brewer.
Brewer is now reunited with his former coach. Coach Luke Walton and Brewer were members of the Los Angeles Lakers a few years ago.
PHOENIX SUNS: Suns signed Cameron Payne.
Payne gets to play for Monty Williams again. Williams was an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder during Payne’s rookie year.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS: Lakers got J.R. Smith.
Smith is now reunited with LeBron James. Memories of their time with the Cleveland Cavaliers are still fresh.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS:
Joakim Noah finally signed his contract after a long delay.
Noah and JaMychal Green were teammates during their days with the Memphis Grizzlies.
DALLAS MAVERICKS: Trey Burke returns to Dallas.
Burke already knows Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee because of their time with the New York Knicks.
HOUSTON ROCKETS: Luc Mbah a Moute returns.
Luc gets to play with Robert Covington again. The two were members of the Philadelphia 76ers.
THE FAMILY AFFAIR
The AntetokounBros: Giannis and Thanasis Antetokounmpo could easily bump into their brother, Kostas, who plays for the Lakers.
The Holidays: Jrue Holiday (New Orleans Pelicans) has two brothers inside the NBA Bubble. Justin and Aaron Holiday are members of the Indiana Pacers.
The Grants: The Washington Wizards got Jerian Grant as a replacement player. He now has a chance to see his brother Jerami (Denver Nuggets).
Morris Twins: Someone is going to confuse Markieff Morris (Lakers) and Marcus Morris (Clippers) inside the team hotel.
Curry/Rivers: Coach Doc Rivers (Clippers) can meet his son Austin (Houston Rockets) and his son-in-law Seth Curry (Dallas Mavericks) for a quick meal. They’d have to follow quarantine rules though.
The Alexander Cousins: Nickeil Alexander-Walker (New Orleans Pelicans) and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Oklahoma City Thunder) probably have plans to meet up soon.
COLLEGE CAMPUS to NBA CAMPUS
Teammates back in college and teammates inside the NBA Bubble:
- Boston Celtics: Coach Brad Stevens and Gordon Hayward
- College Campus: Butler (Indiana)
- Miami Heat: Jimmy Butler and Jae Crowder
- College Campus: Marquette (Wisconsin)
- Milwaukee Bucks: Brook and Robin Lopez
- College Campus: Stanford (California)
- Houston Rockets: Luc Mbah a Moute and Russell Westbrook
- College Campus: UCLA (California)
- Memphis Grizzlies: Justise Winslow, Grayson Allen, and Tyus Jones
- College Campus: Duke (North Carolina)
- Washington Wizards: Rui Hachimura and Johnathan Williams
- College Campus: Gonzaga (Washington)
- Oklahoma City Thunder: Hamidou Diallo and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- College Campus: University of Kentucky
- Indiana Pacers: Aaron Holiday and T.J. Leaf
- College Campus: UCLA (California)
- Toronto Raptors: Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
- College Campus: University of Arizona
Questions and comments?
Hit us up on the Socials:
Reddit at u/TheScorecrow
Facebook at The Scorecrow
Instagram at The Scorecrow
Check out our Facebook Group where you can read and post articles at The Scorecrow
Reddit Group where everyone can post without fear of being banned at The Scorecrow
Follow Joey Almendras on twitter @Buyaw
Main Image Credit:Embed from Getty Images