Nick Popio | December 30th, 2018
The regular season of the NFL is unfortunately over. This is the final week when all the diehards who love to play fantasy until the bitter end can go. With all the playoff hoopla surrounding the finale of the regular season, there is still a lot to be resolved for most teams. So here are the latest PPR Rankings before the playoffs begin next weekend.
Running Backs-If They Get Enough Playing Time
Noteworthy starting backs include-C.J. Anderson vs. San Francisco, Saquan Barley vs. Dallas, Damien Williams or Spencer Ware vs. Oakland, Melvin Gordon @ Denver, Sony Michel vs. N.Y.Jets, Jamaal Williams vs. Detroit, Gus Edwards vs. Cleveland, Adrian Peterson vs. Philadelphia, Jalen Richard @ Kansas City, Tevin Coleman @ Tampa Bay, Derrick Henry vs. Indianapolis, Dalvin Cook vs. Chicago
1. Michael Thomas vs. Carolina-Must start if he suits up, not looking likely though.
2. Antonio Brown vs. Cincinnati-A nagging injury could keep Brown absent, but the Steelers need him and all the help they can get to win the AFC North.
3. Davante Adams vs. Detroit-9 snags for 140 and a TD at Detroit. His injury seems not serious enough for him to sit this one out.
4. Julio Jones @ Tampa Bay-10 catches on 14 targets in the initial meeting with the Bucs in 2018.
5. JuJu Smith-Schuster vs. Cincinnati-If Brown can’t go than JuJu becomes even more valuable with more balls thrown his way.
6. DeAndre Hopkins vs. Jacksonville-Found the end zone in Jacksonville, but not much else.
7. Mike Evans vs. Atlanta-Would be nice to end on a high note after a disappointing campaign for Evans and the Bucs.
10. Doug Baldwin vs. Arizona-Baldwin, along with the Seahawks are getting warm at the right time.
Other startable receivers include-Jordy Nelson @ Kansas City, Robert Foster vs. Miami, T.Y. Hilton @ Tennessee, Ted Ginn vs. Carolina, Tyreek Hill vs. Oakland, Keenan Allen @ Denver, Stefon Diggs vs. Chicago, Robby Anderson @ New England
1. Travis Kelce vs. Oakland-The Raiders are finally competing at a higher level, but Kelce had his best performance earlier in Oakland.
2. Zach Ertz @ Washington-The Eagles might sneak into the postseason and this is one of the men that will land them there.
3. Jared Cook @ Kansas City-Cook needs 132 yards for a 1,000 yards year. Scored and gained 100 in the week 13 KC loss.
4. George Kittle @ L.A. Rams-Nobody from L.A. was able to stop Kittle in 2018. He found the house versus the Chargers and Rams with some impressive numbers.
5. Evan Engram vs. Dallas-With Odell out, Engram is Eli’s favorite receiver in an always entertaining rivalry.
6. Rob Gronkowski vs. N.Y. Jets-Gronk is a risky starter now. He’s probably still dealing with back issues and time is catching up with him.
7. Vance McDonald vs. Cincinnati-A quality 7 receptions for 68 yards in the Cincinnati jungle.
8. Chris Herndon @ New England-Coming on as a relevant, steady performer as of late.
9. Eric Ebron @ Tennessee-Did nothing at home against the Titans. Both clubs need this to solidify the 6 seed in the AFC though. Keep a close one on Ebron with his status after a concussion a week ago.
10. Austin Hooper @ Tampa Bay-Had his best outing in the first Tampa matchup this year.
Questions and comments?
Main Credit Image: Embed from Getty Images